Friday, August 31, 2012

Desk

Remember last week, when I was all, "blah blah blah I work at the VB library on Fridays now"? Today was, of course, the first of those Fridays! I very much enjoyed my day and I will tell you all about it in a second, but first, I have one huge, central fact about the day that I just absolutely love: I have a DESK.



That's my desk! For now, anyway. I'm going to make it look nicer. But it's mine. There was a teeny tiny spider among the pens in the long top drawer but I squished it and now the desk is mine. (That's how it works, right?)

Now that we have my exciting desk-related news out of the way, I can tell you everything else. All the staff and the librarians and everyone were very happy to have me there (or at least pretended to be, but I already know them so I think they were actually happy) and they were very helpful and friendly as they always are. My supervisor is awesome and she cleaned the desk for me and filled it with supplies. Another librarian walked me through the process of ordering books and gave me the guidelines and tips and information. And finally, I worked at the circulation desk for a while, and the guy who is usually at circ on the weekends (so I know him pretty well, compared to some of the others) trained me on how to do all the tasks over there.

And now it is time to prepare the house and ourselves for the EPIC BIRTHDAY PARTY that is almost upon us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment