Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Last You'll Hear of NaNoWriMo (This Year)

I have my NaNoWriMo winner's t-shirt... and my five free print copies of my novel, courtesy of CreateSpace!

Actually, I have four copies of my novel and one copy of someone else's. I'll work on letting them know that tomorrow. In the meantime, I just wanted everyone to know that I wrote something that has an ISBN!!! That's a pretty thrilling feeling.

I'm going to - experimentally - try writing something else between now and the next NaNoWriMo (that's November 1, 2013, for those of you who don't pay very close attention) and see if it turns out any better than Epilogue (which is the title of my NaNoWriMo 2012 novel). This one should be called Epiphenomena and will be more of a collection of interconnected short stories than a regular novel.

The idea is that I'll have longer to spend on it so I won't have to rely on shoddy, hastily-done research for my facts, and I'll take the time to plan out the pieces and develop the characters and discover - and more importantly, remedy - the gaping plot holes and raging inconsistencies.

Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment