Saturday, December 8, 2012

Spam, Spam, Spam

Some manner of spammer has decided that I must be dumb enough to click on any email that says it's from one of my friends. I get these emails, about once a week, where, in the "from" column, where Gmail lists a name instead of an email address, it says it's from my friend Amy.

But here's the best part. See, for this particular email address, I listed my name as Alex. (As opposed to Alexandra or something made up.) So it populates the subject line with "alex." Amy is one of the very few people I know who calls me something OTHER than Alex. She always has and always will. So if they had chosen to imitate anyone else, they'd have a better chance of me accidentally opening the email without thinking too hard about it.

This amused me, and I thought I would share.

(In other news, this weekend and next week are about to get epic and hectic and crazy so expect some less-than-sensical posts about all sorts of things like going to Fairfax and moving and how Gimli adapts to apartment living.)

No comments:

Post a Comment