Thursday, December 6, 2012

Taxes

I've been a legal adult for a while now, and one thing I don't think I'll ever be able to confidently do as an adult is taxes.

I use TurboTax every year, and it has served me well. I don't have anything particularly unique or remarkable about my income, so it isn't terribly confusing. Or, it shouldn't be.

When I fill out my TurboTax forms online, I feel like I'm taking a final exam in a class I didn't know I was enrolled in, and I'm not going to get the test back with helpful, constructive remarks in the margins. If I do get the test back graded, it means I'm in enormous trouble because I got so much of it wrong, or I filled out the wrong pages, or I skipped a page I was supposed to do.


So I think what I'm saying is, no matter how many years I'm around to fill out my taxes, I will always feel nineteen again when I'm doing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment