Monday, January 21, 2013

Texting Non Sequiturs

I was at Wal-Mart the other day, buying some groceries, and Birk had asked me to see if they have rotisserie chickens. If they did, I'd pick one up; if not, he would have to go to Farm Fresh to get one. Wal-Mart, by the way, does have rotisserie chickens (and they're quite yummy) so instead of calling him, I sent him a text. 

I had been texting Birk a few days prior, and the last thing he had texted said "Do you need a ride?" I had called him at that point, effectively ending the text conversation.

Now, a day or two later, I was starting a new text conversation based on information we had shared through a phone conversation, and I said "I got a chicken here."

This, of course, made it look like my answer to "Do you need a ride?" was "I got a chicken here." No thanks, I'm good; I have my chicken. No transportation assistance is necessary. Chicken's got my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment