Saturday, May 4, 2013

Weekends?

week-end (n.) 1. the end of a week, especially the period of time between Friday evening and Monday morning; 2. the period as extended by one or more holidays, days off, or the like, that immediately precede or follow; 3. any two-day period taken or given regularly as a weekly rest period from one's work.

---

So apparently this "weekend" thing is something most people are used to. It's almost a foreign concept to me at this point. I didn't have a single day off for all of April.

This weekend is the only one in May that I'm working. The next two weekends are during intersession (between semesters) so the library will be closed for that (we have shorter hours during intersession) and the weekend after that is Memorial Day weekend, so we're closed for the holiday.

The first weekend will be planned out for me: Birk's birthday, Lori's birthday, Mother's Day. Easy.

The second and third weekends, I hope to do some fun things (particularly with my Little Visitor Clyde) and remember what it means to RELAX.

And then the regular summer hours begin, which means I'll still have Sundays off!

And sure, this is all pretty cool, what with the spare time and all, but less hours means less money, and weekends are my best money... so that is kind of a bummer. But it's only for one month.

No comments:

Post a Comment