Saturday, July 13, 2013

Paris: Day 1

I'm going to skip all discussion of the actual traveling because all went well, even though I felt pretty awful by the time we got here. (Planes don't make for good, quality sleep, and I don't handle landings very well, but we made it here and so did our bags and I'm feeling much better now, after being on land and walking and napping and eating.)

So now for the good part: PHOTOS!

The view from our balcony. Do you see the Cafe des Deux Moulins? Because I CAN!

(I apologize for sideways photos... I'm using a Mac and don't have the patience to learn how to do EVERYTHING right.) Behold: Birk at the Moulin Rouge!

   
And on la Rue Burq!
And in what I hope to be the LEAST flattering photo of me this trip, we found this lovely spot to view parts of the city while wandering around earlier.
First, we took a nap. Otherwise I wasn't going to make it much longer. Then we had some food, including the most delicious strawberries and raspberries I've ever eaten, baguettes and cheeses, and roasted chicken, all from the markets along our street. Then we wandered around to familiarize ourselves with the immediate area, came back and watched some French TV, had dinner similar to lunch, then wandered around a little after dark. And I ordered a Nutella crepe and a Coke from the guy on the corner! Successfully! That might be the greatest sense of accomplishment I've ever felt. (Which is only improved by the fact that the crepe was downright amazing.)

It's now past midnight (but I'm posting in Virginia time, so it appears on Saturday, as it should) which means it's Bastille Day! The next 24 hours promise to be exciting and crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment